Donnerstag, 10. November 2016

Character and Weapon

I designed the character and the story around her last semester at my home university HSRM.
The character model is inspired by Tim Burton's unique characters from his stop motion films, the 3D animated scene from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
I'm extremly proud of the hands. They weren't to easy to model and they turned out exactly how I imagined them. As last semester the focus was on hand motions I really put in the time.
Her head was remodeled a few times be cause I wasn't happy with her expression and looks.
After the 4th attemped I'm now quite happy with her. The only thing she misses now is a face rig for expressions. I very likely need to re-rig her completly anyway cause I made a few mistakes and experienced some issues while moving her.
I kept her and the weapon low poly, while smoothing her in Maya the weapon keeps it's hard edges.
The weapon was modeled in about 45mins and is still missing a chain, which is crutial for it's use as a weapon in game. So far it will not be implemented into my game as a weapon in a fight situation, it will just deal as a light source through out the prototype phase.








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen